Our BayWISS Joint Academic Partnership is a platform and network for both young and experienced researchers alike, and strengthens the culture of academic exchange between universities of applied sciences and universities – throughout Bavaria.
We promote doctoral candidates' personal development, provide a structured path towards gaining their doctorate and ensure academic quality:
- clear supervision function, transparent expectations and structured milestones during the doctoral process via the BayWISS supervision agreement
- systematic introduction to the Scientific Community through external and internal network events and access to the Joint Academic Partnership universities´ graduate programmes (more on our events)
- exclusive platform for doctoral candidates, e.g. seminars, collegial advice, coaching, lecture series, symposia, training courses (can be jointly developed in a proactive and needs-oriented way)
- specific module offer “Introduction into Philosophy and Ethics for Natural and Technical Scientists” in cooperation with the Munich School of Philosophy (from autumn 2020).
- financial support for project-specific equipment, publications, conference trips, participation in workshops and training courses (including the cost of travel), as well as stays abroad for research purposes
- individual advice and organisational support by our coordinator.
We look forward to new members!
Key components of the BayWISS "Verbundpromotion"
- university and university of applied sciences professors jointly and equally provide supervision and expert opinions on the doctorate
- no additional entrance hurdles according to type of university
- no differentiation in the doctoral degree according to academic origin
- name of supervising university of applied sciences on the university doctoral certificate
- consolidation of strengths specific to the location and type of university
Upcoming events and important dates
© Samuel Elias / unsplash.com
Get in touch. We look forward to your questions and ideas for our Joint Academic Partnership Mobility and Transportation.
Technische Hochschule Ingolstadt